I can help you figure it out.
If you have spent months or years getting tired of hearing yourself talk and nothing changing, you will be pleasantly surprised. I cut to the chase, and show you what you haven’t seen. In this way, I help you find out what might be blocking you from what you want.
First things first: Learning and growing in a decades long marriage and seeing this stuff work from the inside out has (and continues to be) the best education. Nothing beats raising children, managing finances, and having your own arguments and problems for being helpful to others. But you probably want to know about the formal training so here goes: I received my M.A. in Human Development Counseling from the University of Illinois at Springfield. I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Professional Counselor, and a Nationally Certified Counselor.
Get Started NowMemberships & Advanced Training
- Advanced training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Gottman Level 3 Training in Couples Therapy
- American Counseling Association
- The American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- National Board of Certified Counselors
- International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy.
- Member of Advisory Board for Department of Human Development Counseling at the University of Illinois at Springfield
These are my educational and professional achievements. But research into the best outcomes in therapy seem to all point to one thing: fit. If you feel a strong alliance with your counselor, if you like her, if she “gets” you — you have the very best chance of improvement. The key is that I work hard to get to know you and understand your life and your perspective. That’s the best way to help you get where you want to go.